Portraits Books News Personal Misc.
For Clients For Photographers
Alice Park Photography Clients Proofs Old Blog

Hello and welcome to our blog!

This is the place for all who want to see what’s new in our world of children, photography and fun! We hope that the images and stories we share bring you as much joy and inspiration as it has for us.

Please feel free to bookmark us, add us to your RSS feed and get to know us better. Leave us a comment or two and make us smile!

- Alice Park Photography


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Karen + Andrew | Engaged


I had the wonderful opportunity to photograph my dear friend Karen & Andrew's engagement photos last weekend in Philly. Karen has been in my life since highschool. We know all of each other's nuances, stubborness levels and hopes & dreams. When she called and told me the good news of her engagement, I had to come meet the man myself. He had some pretty high standards to meet.

I was absolutely blown away by Andrew. Not only is he kind and sensitive and PATIENT to put up with my friend Karen (love you girl!), Andrew has dedicated his life to working as an inner city missionary with World Impact, an organization dedicated to planting churches among the unchurched urban poor in America. He showed me the grade school they were building in Chester, reaching out to over 50 children and their families. Teaching them academically, socially, and spiritually. As he walked me through the school, the neighboring communities they impacted and introduced me to the children they touched, my heart melted. Karen searched and prayed her whole life for a man who she could trust and lead her and her family. And I know she found that person.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I'm so used to seeing your little ones that I didn't know what to do when I saw some grown-ups! Haha. :) GREAT work, as always... The first is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

alice, i'm speechless... such great pics. thanks so much for doing that for my lil sis.

Anonymous said...

OH Alice, do you do engagement pictures now??!! i have so many friends getting married soon, and would want something like this done. I'll contact you asap! btw, these are BEAUTIFUL!