Portraits Books News Personal Misc.
For Clients For Photographers
Alice Park Photography Clients Proofs Old Blog

Hello and welcome to our blog!

This is the place for all who want to see what’s new in our world of children, photography and fun! We hope that the images and stories we share bring you as much joy and inspiration as it has for us.

Please feel free to bookmark us, add us to your RSS feed and get to know us better. Leave us a comment or two and make us smile!

- Alice Park Photography


Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inspiring Nurseries 2009


So, one of my closest friends is having a baby (her first one) and she's clueless about everything... As I would be! Last week, she called me in a frantic asking me how she should decorate her baby boy's nursery. "Alice, you are a creative person. Help me!"

You're in luck, Karen. I've saved some of my favorite nursery images because I knew you'd be asking. :)

When I photograph a child, I try to document everything I feel should be remembered - the way he smiles when you sing to him, his chunky legs and buddha tummy, his favorite bedtime story, his soothing luvie, and the bed he sleeps in every night. I know the love and time devoted to picking out every little detail in his room, so I try my best to help my families remember every bit of it.

Here's some of my favorite nurseries from 2009:


Jack & Will's room. Love the nautical theme (and how Will is running through my frame as I photographed his room!)



Every little girl loves pink! Avalana's modern & sophisticated room on the left; Addie's grownup room on the right.



Love the contrast in these two rooms. High, expansive ceilings in Julia's room verses Ransom's 200 sq ft Manhattan room.



I am personally a big fan of neutral and calming colors, like Knox and Brand's rooms.



And when the babies are ready to move into big boy & girl rooms, I'm ready to document that as well! As show, Jack's & Charlie's room.



8 comments:

Anne Almasy said...

It was so fun to see some of the rooms you've photographed! I love seeing the way each family creates a special place for their child. What a great detail to capture!

mandy johnson said...

awesome rooms!!

whitney elizabeth said...

your clients have fabulous rooms/nurseries!!!!

Lena said...

These are beautiful, Alice! I'm working on a nursery for my baby as well, and these are a great inspiration, thanks so much for posting!

Unknown said...

awww, i'm touched we made your "nursery" spread! Can't wait for you to come out and photograph our little guy in his new room!

Olivia said...

These nurseries are to die for...I just love the tall, angled ceilings and natural light in Julia's room!

Kim said...

wow! these are awesome. You are lucky to be able to photograph some great kid spaces.

Erin Z. said...

oh my! Dream rooms! I'm not showing these to MY kids :-) Holy cow, I would love to photograph some kiddos in these rooms!