Portraits Books News Personal Misc.
For Clients For Photographers
Alice Park Photography Clients Proofs Old Blog

Hello and welcome to our blog!

This is the place for all who want to see what’s new in our world of children, photography and fun! We hope that the images and stories we share bring you as much joy and inspiration as it has for us.

Please feel free to bookmark us, add us to your RSS feed and get to know us better. Leave us a comment or two and make us smile!

- Alice Park Photography


Saturday, January 9, 2010

Engineering just wasn't for me


Right before Christmas, I met with this beautiful family of six on one of the most gorgeous December days. I adored their four girls, as each of them reminded me of the relationship I had with my sisters growing up.

When I arrived, we got to chatting, and they were so fascinated that I decided to take this career path despite studying engineering in school. I find an indescribable joy when I get to know my subjects, and they get to really see the photographer behind the lens. I explained to them that Life has a way of taking you several different paths until you discover that sometimes, the right one has always been right there in front of you.

I think a couple of the girls ended up asking for cameras for Christmas...


Beautiful sisters Julia (14), Joanna (12), Faith (10) and Elle (7)...



Family of six. Delightful in more ways than one!



The leaves were just calling our names...





I realized that these girls were at such an impressionable age. How I responded to them, how I described what I did - all made an impact, although small, in where they would go in Life and what they would do. In the end, engineering just wasn't for me. And I'm so glad it wasn't...


6 comments:

Tanya Alexis said...

Beautiful, Alice! I can't even imagine how thrilled the family must have been to see such wonderful images of their family. :)

Tonya Riggs said...

Wonderful and well put! I started off my journey as an engineer major, then changed to teaching and now I have found my true passion in photography. Sometimes you need to take several paths to end up at the one you belong. So true!

sara said...

Those are beautiful Alice. You can hear the laughter!

Olivia said...

I'm glad engineering wasn't for you too! You're a wonderful photographer! :) Love the leaf fight pics, they all turned out really good!

Carla Busk said...

To be able to capture a special moment in time of one family with everyone there is something everyone should have done, and you have certainly captured it:) Gorgeous.

momof4chicks said...

I just saw these on your blog Alice! I cannot tell you enough how much we all enjoyed our time with you...so much FUN! You captured our time together so perfectly. After all the rain postponements, the weather on that afternoon was simply divine. I am hooked on your talent as a photographer, and you will be seeing us again in the future...that is for certain!