Portraits Books News Personal Misc.
For Clients For Photographers
Alice Park Photography Clients Proofs Old Blog

Hello and welcome to our blog!

This is the place for all who want to see what’s new in our world of children, photography and fun! We hope that the images and stories we share bring you as much joy and inspiration as it has for us.

Please feel free to bookmark us, add us to your RSS feed and get to know us better. Leave us a comment or two and make us smile!

- Alice Park Photography


Friday, October 24, 2008

The face behind Mr. Twinkletoes


I remember vividly when my friend Eddie told me what he wanted to do with his life. We were 20 years old, at Kinkos at 2 in the morning, and he was helping me finish a project-all-nighter that I had been slaving at for weeks. He looked me in the eyes and said, "I think I'd be pretty good at teaching people how to dance. I want to take a stab at that when I graduate." I was in shock, in awe. He was getting a computer science degree and wanted to be a dance instructor? He took my hands, surrounded by photo copiers at all, and showed me the moves behind the fox trot. His suaveness made me drift, and right then, I knew that he would make it...

Years later, Eddie taught me and Kyu our first dance at our wedding, a moment I will never forget. Couples line his booked calendar now for dance lessons, and he is busier than ever pursuing his MBA at Georgia Tech while building Mr. Twinkletoes.

Last week, I photographed Eddie and his sweet girlfriend June dancing in some pretty cool locations around Atlanta. Hopefully, these are some he can use for his promotions. Or maybe just to keepsake. Either way, I wanted Eddie to know how proud I was of him and his dedication to chase his dream. I know whatever he does in life, he'll do with grace and style...because he'll always be dancing.


Mr. Twinkletoes himself.



And some select favorites from the shoot.





Thanks Eddie & June! Can't wait to take some more soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...so awesome Alice! We can't wait to do it again!

Anonymous said...

Alice!! These are absolutely beautiful. Your work is absolutely stunning! Eddie is so lucky to have a friend like you.

Gung Ho said...

whoa these photos are so unique. They put Dancing with the Stars to shame!