Portraits Books News Personal Misc.
For Clients For Photographers
Alice Park Photography Clients Proofs Old Blog

Hello and welcome to our blog!

This is the place for all who want to see what’s new in our world of children, photography and fun! We hope that the images and stories we share bring you as much joy and inspiration as it has for us.

Please feel free to bookmark us, add us to your RSS feed and get to know us better. Leave us a comment or two and make us smile!

- Alice Park Photography


Monday, August 3, 2009

FAQ: Travel


I've been receiving some inquiries lately on my policy for travel. I figured I would tackle some questions here :)

"How much do you charge for travel?" "Do you have any stipulations or minimum order requirements?" "Are you flexible?"

The truth is as much as I LOVE to travel, get out of Atlanta & visit new places + people, I have a very unique love/hate relationship with it. When I leave this city to photograph a new family, I'm more excited than a dog getting ready for his walk of the day. I become consumed with my new adventures ahead, scheduling what I will do and the new things I will try every second of the day. I bring work with me because I have every intention to work, but never EVER does any of it get done.

So I come back, 3 days to a week later, and I stare at my 3 million emails to answer, dozen phone calls to return, 2 thousand item "priority" to-do list, and I hold my hands up ready to surrender.

I admit this is due to my complete and utter lack of self-control when I travel. Even if it's the busiest time of the year, I somehow find a way to ignore my missed calls and unanswered emails until it's mountain high.

How much do I charge for travel? It depends. Time is my most valuable asset...When I am out of the office, I am away from potential clients here, production work, and all of my other responsibilities as a business owner. Typically, aside from my flight, hotel & per diem expenses, I charge a nominal fee for my time. Also, I typically do require a minimum number of clients per visit, so if you have friends and/or family interested in my services, it always helps alleviate the costs of travel.

Minimum order requirements? Yes. Each client that I photograph must commit to a minimum order beyond the session fee (please email to inquire).

Are you flexible? During the months of September - December, unfortunately no. I am booked SOLID during those months, staying up countless nights making sure I don't fall behind. My most flexible months for travel is January thru March. Summer months of June - July come in close second, Spring and Fall are up in the air.

Do I love it? ABSOLUTELY. Too much. I already feel like I have the best job in the world, and when I'm asked to travel to photograph, it adds all the more glamour.

If for some reason, I can't make it out to you, you can always come to me! Atlanta Hartsfield is one of the most accessible airports in the country, and I hear babies are easy to pack! =)


Image courtesy of GOoGle images.



No comments: