Portraits Books News Personal Misc.
For Clients For Photographers
Alice Park Photography Clients Proofs Old Blog

Hello and welcome to our blog!

This is the place for all who want to see what’s new in our world of children, photography and fun! We hope that the images and stories we share bring you as much joy and inspiration as it has for us.

Please feel free to bookmark us, add us to your RSS feed and get to know us better. Leave us a comment or two and make us smile!

- Alice Park Photography


Saturday, February 28, 2009

She said Yes!


Earlier this week, my buddy Eddie called me to tell me he was about to pop the question to his girlfriend June. Ecstatic, I told him I always wanted to document a *real* engagement, meaning as it was happening. So I made plans last night to be at the restaurant where he was planning to propose.

When I arrived at the restaurant, I felt the pressure that I dreaded... I hate having only 1 chance to get the shot (reason why I do not shoot weddings). I had about 45 seconds to adjust my white balance, bump up my ISO to as high as it would go, and set my camera to shoot with almost no light. I grabbed the waitress and asked her if she could put some candles on their table (acting as smooth as she could). So she grabbed an outdoor lantern from behind the bar, ran to the table and dropped it randomly in front of them as fast as she could. By then, June knew something fishy was going on.

Eddie took this as his cue to begin kneeling down on his knees. I quickly made my way to the table, bumping into servers and hiding behind patrons, and before I knew it, I grabbed this beautiful series:




The restaurant went crazy. Emotions flying all over the place. June was sooooo happy.



I loved the fact that Eddie chose a spot that was incredibly special to them....where he took her for their first date, El Localino.
I loved the feeling of the place. Incredibly fun, yet romantic.



In the end, I had a blast. I witnessed all of the joy, disbelief, tears and excitement that reminded me of my own proposal from Kyu.

Congratulations again, June & Eddie! Welcome to the club!