Portraits Books News Personal Misc.
For Clients For Photographers
Alice Park Photography Clients Proofs Old Blog

Hello and welcome to our blog!

This is the place for all who want to see what’s new in our world of children, photography and fun! We hope that the images and stories we share bring you as much joy and inspiration as it has for us.

Please feel free to bookmark us, add us to your RSS feed and get to know us better. Leave us a comment or two and make us smile!

- Alice Park Photography


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sophia


Sophia was the main reason I flew up to NYC last week. I photographed her in her mommy's belly a couple of months ago, and when dad told me she had arrived, I quickly made plans to come up and see her.

Sophia's dad and I met in the most random way. One day last year, I received a call early in the morning (7 or so....I was still in bed). He was so desperate for help on a photo he was having printed at Wolf that morning. He told me the photo looked grainy... I asked him if he knew anything about photoshop; he, of course said no. He told me that he needed the photo for a funeral he was attending that morning, and the photo would be on display there. Without even asking how he knew me, I told him to email me the photo, and I would help him prepare it for print. He was incredibly appreciative. The photo turned out great. Everyone was happy. And then I forgot about the whole thing....

6 months later, he calls me and tells me his wife follows my blog and wants to schedule a maternity session at the Mansion here in Atlanta. I quickly recounted the way we first connected, and I smiled.

I was so happy to photograph Sophia's first days. Her parents, despite being sleep-deprived and exhausted, are loving every minute with their new daughter....






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the last one Alice, it's beautiful!